Just after taking these photos I harvested the herbs and dried them on a very low setting in the oven. (I dried them on silpats…and now my cookies taste like rosemary, so I won't do that again.)
This has been our first year growing sage and I have to say, I liked it. I started it from seed. It's not a quick grower, but that's ok. It smells wonderful. I've put it in some mayonnaise with a little lemon juice and used it for a sandwich spread (which Adam practically eats alone). It was divine. And we use it in homemade ground turkey sausage. But other than that I don't really use it. Do you have any recipes where sage is the spotlight? I'd love to try it.



That sage photo is beauutiful.
ReplyDeleteYay for successful herb gardening! We love to use sage with our Thanksgiving turkey as one of the herbs to season it and put it in this stuffing recipe (which is to die for): http://www.marthastewart.com/337620/classic-stuffing
ReplyDeleteI make it as a dressing (outside of the bird in a huge pan!). I've also used sage in soups -- goes best with poultry. Hope you have fun experimenting!! :)
Yay! Thank you for the suggestions Amanda!
ReplyDeleteSage is also yummy in a creamy meatloaf. Pat doesn't like tomato based things as much as I do, so I alternate my meatloaf recipe. One time is more "traditional" and the next I use sage, rosemary, chopped onions and mushrooms and a creamy sauce. yummy!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really yummy Jennifer! I'm totally going to have to try that.
ReplyDelete